Whittlewood Parishes consists of 5 parishes situated in South Northamptonshire. Our parishes form an arc to the south of Towcester and include Silverstone circuit, the home of the British Grand Prix.
The name was chosen because we are in the heart of the ancient Royal Forest of Whittlewood. This area was established as an area set aside for hunting by William the Conqueror soon after he became king in 1066. Therefore all five of our parishes were forest villages subject to harsh laws for many years.
We believe that all the villages had a church or chapel of some sort at least from this time, although in common with most English churches they have been much changed in the last 1000 years.