Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 14:34
The latest edition of our news letter is out.
Download it here...
Monday, August 27, 2018, 10:24
The winner of the August draw was Peter Newcombe
Friday, August 24, 2018, 18:07
Please come and join
The Benefice Walk
On Saturday September 15th 2018
- The walk starts at Paulerspury church at 1.00 pm
- Departure times from the other churches are 2.15 pm from Whittlebury, 3.30 pm from Silverstone and 5.15 pm from Slapton
- The walk ends at Abthorpe church at about 5.40 pm
Approximate times and distances:
1. Paulerspury to Whittlebury - 2.5 miles along field paths, village lanes and farm tracks. There are no stiles on this section. (1 hour)
2. Whittlebury to Silverstone – 2 miles across fields and village roads. Several stiles. (45 mins)
3. Silverstone to Slapton – the longest section at 3.8 miles across fields, through woods and along country roads. Some stiles. (1 hour 30 mins).
4. Slapton to Abthorpe – a shortish hop (0.7 miles) to the finishing post across fields with some stiles. (20 mins)
5. The total length of the walk is about 9 miles – but you can do as much or as little as you like.
Refreshments and Comfort Stops:
- The churches will all be open to allow walkers a short break
- It is planned to provide light refreshments at the halfway point in Silverstone
- At the end of the walk, everyone is welcome at the New Inn, Abthorpe for liquid refreshments and a pub meal (optional)
- Those wishing to have a pub meal should e-mail Clare (email@example.com) no later than Friday September 7th to book a place
- If you are not intending to walk yourself but would like to volunteer your services to transport walkers to and from starting/finishing points, please contact Clare or Alison (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The walk is open to all, not just regular church-goers. Spouses, partners and children are all welcome – as are dogs and well-behaved owners.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 18:25
Winner of the June draw was Mrs A Hitchings
Friday, June 29, 2018, 17:55
The latest July/August edition of our newsletter Praise Be! is out.